Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Are you minding your mind?




Shweta Nagpurkar
Saxena.
Accredited Trainer/
Corporate Psychologist/
Writer
StarBuzz Weekly, Toronto-
We all are running I guess faster than the clock. And so are our life and our health running behind us, making every effort to ask us whether we want any break?? Is our life SO busy? Don't we deserve such breaks to refresh our life? Our laptops and computers seem to be luckier than us, at least they have a refresh button and a shut down option!!
Let’s get this simple: Are you taking good care of YOUR Mental Health? Most of us would choose to spontaneously nod i acceptance and prepare huge sentences to answer this question. They would say:



1. "Yes, when my spouse is mad at me, I pull back and thus, end fights.”
2. “I simply neglect when my teenager arrogantly back answers and yells at me.”
3. “Things aren’t going well in my marriage so I decide to stay back long in the
office. It is easier that way.”
4. “My friends aren’t in touch with me any more but I guess I am fine alone.”
5. “My colleague is getting nasty these days but I prefer ignoring rather than getting
into discussions and then probably conflicts.”
Above any many more such explanations isn’t what you should be answering………
Stop ‘Blindly Breathing’:
1. Do not emotionally mask 24/7. It is suppression of your real emotion and
expression of unreal emotion which others wish to see on you.
2. Do not over-pamper your ego; it is moving you in the opposite direction of the
world.
3. Do not self-pity; it makes you weaker and vulnerable. Empathy is a better word
instead of sympathy for your own self.
4. Be friends with ‘ifs and buts’ of your life.
5. Stop denying- Your truth my truth can be different!
6. Every emotion can be expressed in a positive way at the right place, right time
and to the right person.
7. Do not say “I am OK” when you are not OK.
8. Stop denying that every human comes with their own blacks and whites and so do
you too.
9. Avoid negative self-talk. Eg. Why ME?, No matter what I do, failure will fall in
my pocket, I hate myself, I don’t like these things in myself, Nobody ever
understands me, I am sick of myself etc
10. Stop saying ‘NO’ to yourself when you rightly deserve a ‘YES’ to it.
Start ‘Living Life’:
1. Give 5 compliments to yourself daily.
2. Smile, kiss and say “I love you” to yourself while you are grooming/ dressing up/
shaving in front of the mirror. It is not crazy!!


3. Have your ‘My Time’ daily for 15 minutes. Use this time to do anything that
YOU like, be just yourself, become comfortable and complete with yourself.
4. Take regular breaks and introspect: Eg: Are you happy? Where are you taking
your life?
5. Love yourself unconditionally. Say ‘No’ to have checklists for you to accept your
own self.
6. Feel proud of whatever you are today. Say: “Hey, I am unique!”
7. Learn to balance: Individual U, Family U, and Social U!
8. Respect every ‘I’, ‘U’ and ‘WE’.
9. Create happy moments for yourself, don’t wait and expect others to do it for you
all the time.
10. Celebrate life as it comes just once!

No comments:

Post a Comment