Monday, August 22, 2011

STATEMENT BY THE PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA ON THE DEATH OF JACK LAYTON

StarBuzz Weekly, Toronto-August 22, 2011-STATEMENT BY THE PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA ON THE DEATH OF JACK LAYTON Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement following the death of Jack Layton:

“I was deeply saddened to learn this morning of the death of Jack Layton. "When I last spoke with Jack following his announcement in July, I wished him well and he told me he'd be seeing me in the House of Commons in the Fall.  "This, sadly, will no longer come to pass. 

“On behalf of all Canadians, I salute Jack’s contribution to public life, a contribution that will be sorely missed. "I know one thing: Jack gave his fight against cancer everything he had. Indeed, Jack never backed down from any fight.  "To his wife Olivia, his family, and to his colleagues and friends, Laureen and I offer our heartfelt condolences. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time."

No comments:

Post a Comment